How Long Do UTI Symptoms Last? How long a urinary tract infection lasts depends on the severity of your infection and how promptly you seek treatment. While most cases can clear up within a couple days, it can sometimes take longer.
Symptoms of a Urinary Tract Infection
- Burning sensation when peeing
- Blood in urine
- Cloudy urine
- Passing small amounts of urine at a time
- Pelvic pain
- Persistent urge to urinate
- Strong-smelling urine
Can You Be at a Higher Risk for UTIs?Women are a higher risk of developing UTIs based on their anatomy, as well as fluctuating hormones during menopause and other life stages. In some cases, women may also develop recurring cases of infection. Fortunately, UTIs can typically be resolved quickly.
Treatment for UTIs
- Drink plenty of water.
- Take antibiotics as prescribed.
- Apply a heating pad to the pelvic region.
- Take pain relievers as recommended by doctor.