Can I Prevent a Sinus Infection? While there is no exact science to preventing a sinus infection, there are things you can do to help limit your risk. Prevent sinus infections by taking steps to improve and protect your overall health.
Prevention of Sinus Infections
- Get an annual flu shot.
- Eat a well-balanced diet.
- Fight dust mites.
- Get regular exercise.
- Keep windows closed to shut allergens out.
- Use a Neti pot and/or saline nasal solution.
- Wash hands frequently.
How Can I Reduce the Length of My Sinus Infection?Sometimes, despite taking every preventive measure, you’ll still develop a sinus infection. In fact, nearly 30 million Americans experience one each year. If that happens, there are ways you can help your body heal—and get back to good health faster.
Stop Sinus Infection Symptoms ASAP
- Add some spice, like hot pepper or mustard, to your meals.
- Flush your nasal passages with saline nasal spray.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Take a hot, steamy bath or shower.
- Use a humidifier.
- Apply warm compresses to the face.