What Is the First Sign of Dehydration? Well, the first sign to show up will vary from person to person. But in general, the first thing you might notice is thirst. That’s right—by the time you feel thirsty, you may already be dehydrated. That’s why it is so important to take steps to keep your fluid levels balanced.
Ways to Prevent Dehydration
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that contain high amounts of water.
- Limit caffeine.
- Avoid sugary drinks.
Why Is a Sunburn Dangerous?While dehydration is an invisible result of exposure to the sun and heat, sunburn is a very visible one! A sunburn can be intensely uncomfortable, but beyond that pain, having a sunburn increases your risk of developing skin cancer. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to protect your skin.
Ways to Prevent Sunburn
- Avoid the sun between 10 a.m and 3 p.m., when the sun’s rays are most intense.
- Seek shade whenever possible.
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going outside and reapply at least every two hours.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat to protect your scalp, ears and neck.
- Use sunglasses with UVA/UVB protection.