What Are the Flu 2019 Symptoms? There are many symptoms that can appear to let you know you might be coming down with the flu. These symptoms include having a fever around 100 degrees, headache, cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, chills and aching muscles. If you believe you may have the flu, seek prompt medical attention. Your doctor may be able to prescribe an antiviral medication to help reduce the duration and intensity of your virus.
Ways to Treat the Flu
- Take an antiviral, such as Baloxavir Marboxil, if prescribed.
- Use lozenges to soothe throat.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Stay home and get rest.
- Combat aches and fever with OTC medications.
- Use a humidifier.
Can the Flu Be Prevented?Fortunately, there are steps you can take to help fend off the flu in the first place. For starters, you want to stop by our urgent care center to get the flu shot 2019. This is your single best defense against the flu! Because the flu vaccine is reformulated each year, it’s important to receive a shot annually.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces often.
- Avoid contact with those who are sick.